Guidelines and Nomination Instructions
Great Places in New Jersey celebrates downtowns, public spaces, streets, and neighborhoods of exemplary character, quality, and planning. These places represent the gold standard in terms of having a true sense of place, cultural and historical interest, community involvement, and a vision for tomorrow. Know of a downtown, public space, street, or neighborhood you think merits designation as a Great Place in New Jersey?
- Great Places in New Jersey is an initiative of APA New Jersey. Nominations will close on Friday, December 11, 2020.
- All entrants grant to APA New Jersey the right to use any and all information related to the nomination submitted for marketing and public relations purposes.
- APA New Jersey reserves the right to limit the number of Great Place designations based on the quality of the nominations received.
- The Awards Jury is an independent committee appointed by APA New Jersey representing various professional fields. All nominations will receive careful consideration.
Required Submission Elements
- Nominator’s contact information
- List of partners (those who were instrumental in the process of making the “Great Place” – elected/ appointed officials, professional staff, consulting firms, residents, advocacy groups, etc.).
- Great Place name, category, location, and brief description.
- Great Place narrative addressing the category criteria (two pages).
- Six images that demonstrate the qualities or characteristics that you are trying to highlight.